Saturday, September 04, 2010

St. Edith's church investigation (May 2009)

This is the episode of Ghost Cases that I found the most interesting, and which still baffles me over a year later - an investigation of the cemetery and grounds of St. Edith's church in Shocklach, England with our good friends Dave Sadler and Steve Mera from the Unknown Phenomena Investigation Association. Some very strange things happened that evening back in May, 2009, that tested the limits of my skepticism.


Ghost Cases - Shocklach Church episode, Part I
Uploaded by redstarfilms.


Ghost Cases - Shocklach Church episode, Part II
Uploaded by redstarfilms.

Did we experience something paranormal? I can't say for sure. All that I can say is that it was definitely the weirdest night of investigation I've ever experienced. There was so much going on, and we had the opportunity to look for answers, i.e. a possible sound that could account for the horse's hooves that Holly and I heard, or a light source to account for the light that Steve observed, but we couldn't come up with anything. Of course, we also didn't obtain any hard evidence, such as audio or video recordings, of what we experienced.

So, the reasonable person might ask - what conclusions did I draw from all of this?

None, really. I can't explain what happened, nor can I prove it to someone who wasn't there. I'm not sure that I can even prove it to myself.

Is there a rational explanation for everything that happened? Perhaps. However, there's a part of me that says otherwise - a part of me that believes we may have actually encountered something truly anomalous that evening, perhaps even something paranormal.

I fully intend to return to Shocklach church, sooner rather than later, to spend some more time there, and see if the events of my first trip repeat themselves. As Dave Sadler said to me before we got there, it's a special place.

I couldn't agree more.

Paul Kimball

6 comments:

Ryan P. said...

Hey Paul, that was fantastic. So much better and REAL than the canned formula we see on shows like Ghost Hunters!! Will we ever see it in the US?

Also, you and Holly seem like an old married couple in this episode. And I mean that in a good way!!

RP

Steve Mera said...

Really enjoyed visiting Shocklach. The location has a relaxing atmosphere during the day, but by night, you cannot help feel that its changed somehow. Holly and Paul experience of hearing horses is commonly reported but as for the dark shape above the trees that Paul and Dale described seeing... That truly profound. The UPIA will continue to investigate the location in hope of capturing some of it phenomena. Great job guys...

Paul Kimball said...

Hi Steve,

As I noted, I plan to go back there someday soon, hopefully with you guys.

While the "black void" was definitely interesting, don't forget the light you saw, which we couldn't account for.

Thanks for all your help - couldn't have done it without you!

Paul

Paul Kimball said...

Thanks Ryan. I'm not sure about the US - that's up to our distributor, Breakthrough Entertainment.

Scott said...

Thanks for posting this, I've been interested in seeing this since it was mentioned on the Paracast episode featuring Dave & Steve. Seems like a truly odd place.

Paul Kimball said...

Hi Scott,

It was indeed avery odd place - in a good way! I look forward to returning someday soon.

Paul