Friday, March 31, 2006

Fembot, Stepford Wife, Alien Robot, or Wax Dummy?

Take a look at this photo, and ask yourself - is Paris Hilton for real (and I mean literally, not figuratively)?

Personally, I think she looks like some sort of creepy fembot (as opposed to the hot, sexy type of fembot, as found in re-runs of The Six Million Dollar Man), but I'm willing to entertain other possibilities, such as...

1. She's a Stepford Wife. However, as she's not actually married, this doesn't seem valid.

2. She's an Alien robot. However, as the aliens have to be more advanced than we are to travel here, I can't believe that they would create something this useless and bring it along for the ride (or, God forbid, actually let her fly the ship). Unless they are evil aliens, a la the David Jacobs theory, in which case it is possible that they're trying to drive us all insane.

3. She's a wax dummy. I think the latter part of "wax dummy" is a given, but the fact that she can move (in all sorts of directions, wink wink, nudge nudge, check out the video) makes the wax part unlikely.

So I'm sticking with my original theory - she's a creepy fembot.

Needless to say, this hardly represents a step forward for science.

Paul Kimball

2 comments:

Mac said...

She's a wax dummy. I think the latter part of "wax dummy" is a given, but the fact that she can move (in all sorts of directions, wink wink, nudge nudge, check out the video) makes the wax part unlikely.

I've got it! Maybe she's really an ET organism made out of the exobiological equivalent of wax! A shape-shifting mass of pure vapidity!

Run!

Paul Kimball said...

Mac:

Now you're onto something... or is it just "on something"?

:-)

Paul